Your Goal: Build Traffic
Below, I'm going to share the steps I took to build traffic on a single resource page of my website from nothing to 50,000 unique visitors a month.
- Setup a continuously updated clean (no broken links, nicely categorized) list of resources on your website.
- Seriously, make sure that everything you add is something that someone would find useful. Your goal is to make visitors love you by you saving them considerable amounts of time and research.
- As each new resource is added promote it socially (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Periodically send out an email newsletter containing the resources since the last newsletter
The steps above are straightfowrward, you don't need to be a programmer to implement them. You can right now go setup a page in Wordpress (or whatever) and start slapping in links.
What you'll soon discover is that doing is incredibly tedious.
You're cutting and pasting links from emails, trying to sort them, format them, after a couple weeks some number of the links will be broken, etc. etc.
This site is a tool that pummels the drudgery out of building and maintaining a great resource list.
- Instead of fumbling around copying and pasting. It uses Pinboard.in and it's bookmarking extension to let you add items on the fly
- You can instantly generate (or script the download of) a complete valid HTML representation of your all of your links
- Using IFTTT each link you add to Pinboard can be pushed to any number of additional Social Media outlets
- Because the links are all kept in time order, it's easy to pull out "This Weeks Links" to be dropped into a Mailchimp campaign
It's extremely reasonable to think that using our tool will take the time to manage a resource list down from hours a week to minutes a month.